Please see our Terms and Conditions below.
Terms and conditions
We are open
Monday to Friday 8am-8pm
Consultations are available every day and can be booked online or by calling us on 0208 337 2214.
Routine operations are scheduled Monday to Friday. Emergency operations will take place on the weekend if required.
Initial consultations are charged at £39.90
Revisit consultations (for the same condition) are charged at £36.75
Sunday consulations (for new conditions) are charged at a slightly higher rate of £46.
These consultation fees are for the vet's professional time and expertise in examining and assessing your pet's condition.
If your pet needs any tests or medications the cost of these will be in addition to the consult fee. Your vet will advise you of these fees.
If you are running late please call us. Where possible we will arrange to see you as soon after your appointment as possible. You may have a short wait while we facilitate this. If we are unable to arrange this we will reschedule your appointment to a mutually convenient time.
Please call if you are unable to attend your appointment. Appointments are in high demand and non cancelled appointments can prevent a sick patient being seen.
If you miss your appointment we will call you to reschedule. However, if you repeatedly fail to arrive for a scheduled appointment a charge will apply payable prior to a further appointment being booked.
Please be advised that the payment methods we are currently accepting are: credit / debit card payments, and bacs payments, unfortunately we are unable to accept cash and cheque payments at the moment
We accept cash, debit and credit cards and cheques. We can also accept payments made over the phone. We do not run accounts.
Payment for Appointments
- Payment is expected at the time of your appointment.
- Your vet or nurse will advise you of costs of recommended treatments prior to giving these.
- Medications cannot be dispensed without payment.
Payment for Operations
- We will provide you with a written estimate for your pet's operation.
- You will be asked to pay a deposit on the morning of admission and the balance when you collect your pet.
Payment for Patients Admitted to Hospital
- We will provide a written estimate for initial treatment and / or investigation for your pet when admitted to hospital.
- You will be asked to pay a deposit at the time of your pet’s admission.
- During your pet's stay in hospital we will update you on their progress and costs twice a day.
- To enable spreading of payment of your account you will be asked for payment when the outstanding balance exceeds £500.
- The final balance is expected on collection of your pet.
We encourage insurance as this can help to cover the cost of your pet's treatment. We do not require you to keep receipts or invoices for your pets treatment in order to process their insurance claim as we have all details on their computer file.
If your pet is insured please submit a claim form at Reception after your pet's treatment.
- We will process your form and send you a text to let you know when this is ready for collection.
- You then submit the form to your insurance company.
- Please be aware payment of the claim is decided by your insurance company and, except in exceptional circumstances, this decision cannot be influenced by us.
- Your insurance excess will be deducted from your payment.
Direct Insurance Claim
If your pet requires treatment amounting to a large amount of money we may be able to claim directly from your insurance company.
- You will be required to provide details of your insurance policy and to authorise your insurance company to talk directly to us about your pet’s claim.
- An administrative fee of £25 is charged per direct claim per condition. This is not claimable.
- You will be asked to pay the excess of your insurance policy and the administration fee to set up the direct claim.
- You will be required to submit a signed claim form which we will complete and submit directly to your insurance company.
- Any costs not covered by your insurance company will then be payable by you.
Prescriptions are available from this practice.
- You may obtain Prescription Only Medicines, Category V, (POM-Vs) from Maven Veterinary Care or ask for a prescription and obtain these medicines from another veterinary surgeon or a pharmacy.
- Your veterinary surgeon may prescribe POM-Vs only for animals under their care.
- A prescription may not be appropriate if your animal is an in-patient or immediate treatment is necessary.
- You will be informed, on request, of the price of any medicine that may be dispensed for your animal.
- The general policy of this practice is to re-assess an animal requiring repeat prescriptions every 6 months, but this may vary with individual circumstances. (For some conditions and treatments re-assessment may be required every 3 months)
- The standard charge for a re-examination is £36.75
- Further information on the prices of medicines is available on request.
- Prescriptions for controlled drugs will be valid for 28 days and only 1 month supply of medication will be supplied.
All incoming and outgoing phonecalls at Maven Veterinary Care are recorded for training and quality control purposes.
Maven Vets store medications as directed by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons, Veterinary Medicines Directorate and British Small Animal Veterinary Association. We regret this means we are unable to return any medications once they have left the practice.
At Maven Veterinary Care we are able to assess your pet and provide a second opinion should you feel this is requried.
For full information on Second Opinion Consults please click here.
Should your pet require to see a specialist to aid in the diagnosis or treatment of their condition we will arrange this for you.
For full information on referrals please click here.
Clinical and Client Records
Clinical and client records at Maven Veterinary Care, including diagnostic images and similar records, are the property of Maven Veterinary Care.
As a client of Maven Veterinary Care you have the right to access information we hold about you / your pet in line with data protection legislation and professional guidelines set by the RCVS.
To request a copy of relevent clinical and client records please submit a written request to Maven Veterinary Care.
Please be aware, where x-rays have been taken and are held on film, the original x-ray remains the property of Maven Veterinary Care. Copies of relevent x-rays will be made to provide to a client where possible.
Should your pet need to be seen by another veterinary practice due to your moving or your pet being referred all relevant clinical information will be provided promptly to colleagues taking over responsibility for the care of your pet.