New Puppy Appointment
During your puppy’s first year he or she will grow.... a lot!
If you consider 1 year in a dog’s is approximately equivalent to 7 human years you can understand the huge changes they will go through during this year.
At Maven Vets we offer free nurse appointments throughout your puppy’s first year of life to keep you on the right track.
Appointments are scheduled monthly until your pup is 6 months of age and then every 3 months until they are 15 months when they will be due for their first booster vaccination.
During these appointments we will guide you in:
- Feeding: from puppy milk through to adult food – when should you change and how much should you feed? What is correct for your puppy’s breed?
- Grooming: all pups require grooming in one form or another but certain coat types need more attention – are you aware when to groom and bath your pup?
- Exercise: over exercising larger puppies can lead to joint problems in later life. Under exercising may lead to a frustrated and naughty pup or a problem with weight gain- are you aware how much exercise your pup needs?
- Pet Dental Care: as your puppy loses their baby teeth and gets their adult teeth this is the ideal time to get them used to home pet dental care to keep them healthy.
- Socialisation: introducing your puppy to other dogs and new situations in their early life is critical to helping them feel secure as adult dogs – this also helps you enjoy their companionship more.