A Gold Cat Friendly Clinic
At Maven Vets we’re proud to be an accredited Gold level Cat Friendly Clinic and members of the ISFM (International Society of Feline Medicine)
We recognise that cats are unique creatures with specific needs and it’s important to us to demonstrate our commitment to the animals you entrust into our care. Working with International Cat Care (iCC), we have looked at how we can make Maven Vets the best it can possibly be for our feline patients.
Cats by their nature are sensitive to changes in their environment, and by understanding and accepting this we can recommend measures to make your cat’s journey to the vets, and their visit to Maven Vets a less stressful experience than anticipated.
In order to achieve our Gold Cat Friendly Clinic accreditation, we have had to meet carefully selected criteria as stipulated by iCC. We have demonstrated that we:
- Understand the needs of cats and strive to make visits to the vet clinic cat friendly
- Approach and handle cats gently and with care through ongoing staff education
- Follow the ISFM Feline Friendly Handling and Nursing Care guidelines and have made the pledge to be ‘Scruff free’
- Have invested in equipment to manage the specific care requirements of cats
- Have an appointed Cat Advocate member of staff to implement and oversee our cat friendly clinic status
(source – catfriendlyclinic.org)
As a Gold Standard Cat Friendly Clinic, we are trained to handle cats in a manner that minimises stress, fear and anxiety, as well as advising you on the best way to safely and comfortably transport your cat to Maven Vets.
We have an in-house cat advocate Gemma Sands who is available to answer any questions or concerns you may have, and to provide information and advice on caring for your cat.
Our cat friendly facilities include:
- A separate cat waiting area to allow your cat to relax in their basket out of sight of other animals
- The use of feline pheromone diffusers to help calm and reassure cats
- A quiet, well equipped cat only consulting room
- A cat only hospitalisation ward with large kennels, comfortable, soft bedding and cat igloos or perch and hide boxes to allow your cat privacy during their stay with us
- Overnight hospitalisation facilities so your cat can stay settled in their own kennel during their stay
- Diagnostic imaging facilities so investigations can be undertaken on site
- Excellent surgical facilities for your cats
- A range of equipment such as blood pressure monitors and cat specific weighing scales to provide a high level of care to our feline patients
If you have any questions regarding the facilities and care we provide for your cats, please don’t hesitate to contact us.