Insurance brings peace of mind that things important to you such as your house, home or health are protected should anything happen. This is also true of pet insurance.
Pet Insurance can be a significant help when your pet is injured or unwell, relieving the financial worry often associated with treating unexpected conditions.
At Maven Vets we strongly recommend insurance for your pet.
Please click here to activate free 4 weeks insurance with Pet Plan*
*with no obligations to continue
Alternatively, request an appointment to see our vets and we can activate an enhanced 4 weeks free insurance instantly while you consider the options available for ongoing cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to consider when insuring my pet?
There are several important factors to consider in choosing pet insurance:
Is there a time limit on the policy?
- Some policies have a specified period of cover meaning if your pet falls ill they will only be covered for that condition for a certain time.
Is there a financial limit on the policy?
- Some policies have a financial limit per condition or in total of what they will pay out for your pet.
Will everything be covered in my policy?
- You will need to discuss this with the insurance provider. In general, if your pet has been seen for a condition prior to taking out insurance, this may be classed as pre-existing and not be covered.
What happens if I change insurance provider?
- Please be careful if you are changing your insurance provider. This will count as starting a new policy and any pre-existing conditions will not be covered. This may include any conditions claimed for on your previous policy.
Can I change my pet insurance provider?
Please be careful if you are changing your insurance provider.
This will count as starting a new policy and any pre-existing conditions will not be covered.
This may include any conditions claimed for on your previous policy.
My pet is insured: How do I make a claim?
Making an insurance claim for treatment at Maven Vets is simple.
- Call your insurance company to advise them you are making a claim: they will send you a claim form.
At Maven Vets we have claim forms for the majority of main Pet Insurance providers.
- Complete the Client Section of your claim form.
If you are unsure of the name of the condition you are claiming for please call us to confirm.
- Hand your claim form into our Customer Care Team.
You do not need to produce receipts for treatment your pet has received as we will produce this from our records for you.
- Our Customer Care Team will complete the veterinary section of the claim form and produce all receipts required for your insurance company
- We will then call you to advise your claim form is ready to collect. We aim to complete claim forms within 14 days of receiving them.
- On collection of your form please check all details and sign your form. Please then post your form directly to your insurance company.
- Once processed, your insurance company will contact you with the outcome of the claim and details of what is being paid to you.
Please note all insurance polices, have an excess amount which will not be refunded.
Can I claim directly from my insurance company at Maven Vets?
At Maven Vets we are able to process direct insurance claims for larger claims.
To set up a Direct Claim:
- Advise your vet that you would like to set up a direct claim: they will authorise this where appropriate.
- Contact your insurance company to give permission for us to speak to them directly to confirm your pet's cover.
- You will be asked to pay your insurance excess amount at the time of setting up the direct claim.
Some insurance excess amounts include a percentage of the treatment costs: this is payable at the time of treatment.
- You will be asked to pay an administration fee of £25 to set up your direct claim, and to sign a direct claim agreement form. This is non-claimable.
- Sign and hand in your insurance claim form.
- Our Customer Care Team will complete the veterinary section of your claim form and produce all receipts required for your insurance company; they will send the completed form to your insurance company.
If any part of your pet's treatment is rejected by your insurance company the outstanding balance is payable by you.
Do Maven Vets have their own pet insurance I can take out?
No, Maven Vets don't run their own insurance for pets. However, we recommend Pet Plan Insurance.
Maven Vets do run a plan to spread payments for preventative treatments not covered by insurance such as vaccinations and flea and worm control. This is through our Maven Healthcare Club and by joining the club and taking out pet insurance you pet is covered for all healthcare needs.