Maven Veterinary Care is a long-established veterinary practice in North Cheam, Surrey. However, prior to April 2015 we were known as Frean and Smyth Vets.
Let us tell you how and why we changed...!
- Frean and Smyth Veterinary Surgeons first opened in North Cheam in 1990 with Julie Frean and Howard Smyth. It has been caring for the pets of Sutton and Kingston (and further afield!) ever since.
- The clinic was sold on to Michael Baumann and Russell Mawson in 2003.
- In 2005 Mike and Russell introduced a few changes to our North Cheam clinic.
- A small extension to the rear of th building allowed more space.
- The internal rooms were updated to include a new surgery.
- A branch surgery in Worcester Park allowed easier access for our Kingston area clients. Over the following years, with additional space and increased clients and patients to be looked after, our vet team grew to six vets.
- In 2011 Russell decided to return to his native South Africa. Michael Morrice, who had worked for several years with Frean and Smyth, joined Michael Baumann to form the present partnership. With a fresh partnership further growth saw the vet team increase to eight vets and once again there was a need for expansion at our North Cheam Clinic. Using this opportunity, we reassessed ‘Frean and Smyth Veterinary Clinic’ in its entirety.
- In 2012 the decision was made to rebuild the clinic at North Cheam rather than just expand our existing premises. This allowed all facilities to be updated and purpose built to best serve our clients and their pets. Building began in May 2014 with clearing the site to the rear of the clinic.
- Quickly foundations were laid and the walls went up! By the end of 2014 the rear extension was complete.
- Early in 2015 work began on the front of the clinic.
- Rebuilding the clinic also presented the natural time to rename our clinic to better represent the practice going forward... Welcome to Maven Veterinary Care!